1. Be inventive – change one thing every day to make your life better
- Choose a positive attitude
- Take the scenic way to work
2. Be healthy – make improved choices with food, friends, time; you know what that means
- Limit or stop spending time with the nay-sayers
- Grilled chicken instead of processed chicken fingers
3. Be calm – spend 5 minutes doing nothing but breathing (no thinking)
- Go sit in your car if that is the only place you can find to do this
- Breathe deeply
4. Be loving – hug everyone that will let you
- Start with those you love most
- Call someone who wants to hear from you and ‘hug’ them over the phone
5. Be grateful – appreciate the little things
- Notice how easy you got to work today
- Quietly thank the flowers or the gorgeous white snow that creates amazing art
6. Be kind – to everyone, including you
- Open the door for a stranger because it feels good – not for the thank you
- Overlook your mistakes for the day, five minutes late? So what – move on
7. Be smart – commit to your very best every day
- Shoot for 100%, but 80% could be your best some days – that’s ok – really, it is.
- Choose the action that tracks back to your best – this feels amazing!
8. Be trusting – allow change to occur
- Flat tires, leaky faucets, lay-offs…they will happen. Choose a positive reaction and trust that with effort and patience, it will be ok.
- Change is another way of opportunity dropping in your lap!
9. Be playful – get moving and go play!
- Use music when you clean the house
- Let your kids decide the menu one day a week and teach them to cook
10. Be joyful – look around, find the beauty, stand in awe (sunsets are great for this one!)
- Joy is everywhere – You will find whatever it is you look for; it might as well be joy!
- Close your eyes and remember joy as a child – find ways to recreate that experience
- Choose one or two of these per week and begin to practice the life you want to create.